I have a problem…I have a “thing” for small leather goods. Handbags, wallets, day planners, key chains, makeup bags…you name it! I have about 10 that I rotate depending on the season and my mood. They definitely aren’t all high end bags (because I am so hard on them…and let’s face it…I’d be broke!) they just have to be cute and fit all my “stuff!” Right now I’m sporting a little grey structured bag I picked up at Nordstrom Rack last year.
I have never shared the contents of my handbag because, well…I’m a busy mom and the stuff in my purse tends to reflect that. I try and clean out my bag once a week, but that happens very rarely. I suppose what’s in a woman’s bag says a lot about her. As I was dumping out my bag to take these pictures I couldn’t help thinking…darn girl! That’s a lot of stuff! I don’t know why I was shocked given the fact that it’s my bag with my stuff and I’m carrying it around every. single. day. So here is a list of the things I can’t leave home with out…
- Grey Bag – Vince Camuto. Awesome find at Nordstrom Rack! Great place to buy higher end bags at discounted prices.
- Hair Brush – Mason Pearson “Pocket Size” I bought this hairbrush BK (before kids) and I keep in my purse to remind to NEVER spend $100 on a hairbrush again…Ugh. Fifteen years later and I’m still having buyers remorse.
- Wallet from Stella & Dot – I have really loved this wallet. I love the girly tassel and the inside zipper pocket says “A Penny For Your Thoughts” it makes me smile!
- Sunglasses – Ray-Ban Aviators with Magenta Flash lenses. My new favs!!
- Frost Mints – I hate all other mints. These are the best and I cant find them at the Target checkout anymore. Bummer…
- Kind Bar – I always keep one in my bag to avoid the sudden “I gotta have McDonald French Fry’s” moment. Carmel Almond & Sea Salt. Only 5g of sugar…and sea salt makes everything taste better.
- List, lists and more lists…I have to write everything down or I forget it as soon as I walk out the door! Love Target Dollar Spot for cute notepads.
- My IPhone Case (or my right arm if you will) I’m never without it. The Mophie case is the best. I have never run out of battery and I never need a car charger.
- Bottled water – I don’t have a preference. This was what was in front of me at the checkout line (in Target of course)
- Immuno Gum – Not sure if this is on the market yet in the states. (My husband works in the grocery industry, and we get to sample all kinds of great foods before they are available) This is similar to Emergency C, and I truly think it works! They also have a bubble gum flavor that my kids love!
- Last but not least…my trusty makeup bag. I have up to 6 or 7 lipsticks, glosses and lip liners in there at a time. Currently loving Urban Decay Naked lip gloss in Love Child, Too Faced lip liner in Perfect Spice, Chanel Lipstick in Fetiche, and MAC Mineralized Skin Finish power in Medium.
- The fluffy pink fur ball on my key chain was a Christmas gift from my bestie…cute right??
Aaaand of course I usually have a ton of other stuff in my bag like straw wrappers, out of date coupons, Target receipts, spare change, etc…but who wants to see that!! What’s the one thing you cant live without in your bag?