Have you heard of Rent The Runway? It’s an online service that allows you to rent designer clothes and accessories for a fraction of the retail price! Every girls dream right? I have used RTR twelve times now and I have to say my experience has been very positive. I get to travel with my husband to many of his conferences during the year, and each one has a cocktail or formal evening. Many of the same people are at each of these conferences so I can’t possibly wear the same dress twice! 😉 Not to mention it’s always fun to have something new to wear! That’s where RTR has been a lifesaver for me. So here is how it works…
- Shop for Any Occasion – Filter styles by date, size, occasion, color and more. They also have a great selection of plus size dresses.
- Find the Best Fit – Add a free back up size or a second style for $32.50. If your dress isn’t perfect, exchanges are quick and easy! But even if the dress doesn’t work…no worries, return it within 24 hours and you’ll get your money back minus the shipping costs.
- Select A Timeframe – Choose a delivery date (usually a day or two before your event) and rent for 4 or 8 days.
- Insurance is Included – The $5 insurance fee covers most mishaps.
- Return for Free – When you are done, pop the dresses into the bag (unwashed) and drop everything off at a UPS store on your return date (return label is included) They handle the dry cleaning!
TaDa!! How crazy good is that? Another great feature is that you can read reviews and see photos of other customers that have rented the dress. This is key…you will see comments like “Runs small” or “Not great for a full bust” or “I love this dress!” I found that reading the reviews is really important for getting a great fit, and having the free backup size always ensures that you won’t be without a dress for your big event! Here are three of my most recent rentals…
You can also rent designer jewelry, sunglasses, handbags and everyday clothes. There is also an app so you can rent on the run! Each year I sign up for RTR PRO Account. It’s $29.95 per year and includes free shipping, free insurance on all orders and a free birthday rental! Yippee! Bottom line…between the convenience, the service, and the gorgeous dresses, Rent The Runway is a great way to go! Have you tried Rent The Runway? Let us know in the comments below, I would love to hear about your experience!
Right now they are offering first time customers 20% off your first order! Use code: FIRSTRTR20P at checkout!
Have fun shopping!